Thursday 28 October 2010

So the other day we had to go away and find an image that we thought showed an idea well. It wasnt about the quality of the image but how it put its point across.

Matt did a little 5 minutes presentation to show us some of his findings that really helped me along with my project. He showed us an artist/designer/information designer who photographer images of multiple object that represented a certain fact of figure.

So for example, here is a piece that he did about prison. This image depicts 2.3 million folded prison uniforms, equal to the number of Americans incarcerated in 2005.


BOOOM, i found this really interesting. It was also a huge relief, as I've been looking for a way to incorporate photography into my project for some time. This helped me to realise that i really need to stop locking myself into corners and stop thinking i cant do things. I really need to broaden the way and collect and represent data.

Oh and you know your doing something right when you have a TED talk... so heres Chris Jordan's TED talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment